We are looking to create an outdoor prayer space at the front of the Church under the arches, featuring work by Charlie Mackesy. We have to issue a notice about this. Click here for further details.
Re- Opening the Church Building
Your safety is of paromount importance therefore we are working to get our building ready to welome you in person.
It is our hope to resume physical services in our building on 6th September 2020.
We hope to hold open air services during August, but in light of the rise in infections in Luton we are putting this on hold until guidance from Luton Council changes.
Our building may be closed but our church is alive - for we are church where we are scattered. Our commitment at St Luke’s is to be the church that cares, following the example of Jesus. We are therefore committed to caring for our community during this time, through prayer, support, as well as recommending ways that you can connect with worship.
Our response to Covid-19:
Support team – We now have a small support team and we will do our best to help local people in need. Please call or text 07879 481 693 if you or anyone that you know needs assistance.
Prayer line – We have a team that are committed to praying for you. If you have any special prayer requests please text 07879 481 693.
We are not streaming services but there is a wealth of excellent and life-giving services online.
At St Luke's our main desire is that you to connect with God. Our weekly news page has bible readings and prayers for the week. Go to our weekly News page. Below is a list of some on line places to try:
Church of England website: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- This has daily services and Sunday services being streamed
- Daily Hope offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services. It is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044 and has been set up particularly with those unable to join online church services just now.
St Hugh's Lewsey: https://www.sthughs.org.uk/
- Just down the road from us, with an excellent Sunday service (streamed and recorded) and worship songs on their YouTube channel.
Gas Street Birmingham: https://gasstreet.church/
- An Anglican church that meet online every Sunday at 11am & 6pm
Emmaus Road: https://www.emmausrd.com/live/
- is based in Guildford and led by Pete Grieg who founded the 24/7 prayer movement.
Saddleback Kids Church at home: Saddleback Kids YouTube Channel
- They have two sessions: one for kindergarten and 'elementary' which is older primary school-aged children.
- Both have the same content, but presented in age-appropriate ways.
LECTIO 365 is a daily devotional resource that helps you pray the Bible every day.
St Luke's is an Anglican Church located in north Luton.
Our vision is to be 'a joyful, generous and accessible church, where people encounter Jesus and lives are transformed'. We seek to do this by being the church that CAREs. A church that cares about our relationship with God, with one another and with the wider community and the environment.
Safeguarding and GDPR
As part of the Church of England we take safeguarding and GDPR seriously. We have adopted Promoting a Safer church, which is the church of England policy for safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We have a Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator, called Maureen who can be contacted via the Parish Office on 01582 592361 or you can contact the Grace the Vicar on 07879 481 693 or Jez Hirst, who is the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: 01582 547653. The vicar can also direct you to our GDPR policies.
Please click here for details from St Albans Diocese:
Grace, the Vicar.